The Marine Mammal Center advances global ocean conservation through marine mammal rescue and rehabilitation, scientific research, and education.
Here are just some of the ways we walk the talk in our gift store:
- We continuously evaluate our product selection to minimize our footprint.
- Whenever possible, we source products made in the United States to minimize emissions from overseas shipping. Several of our suppliers are local SF Bay Area small businesses.
- We purchase from companies committed to social responsibility and fair labor.
- We support companies that give to conservation organizations like ours.
- We request that suppliers ship merchandise to us in zero or minimal plastic packaging.
- We use secondhand, recycled, recyclable, and/or naturally compostable shipping materials. Don't be surprised if your order shows up in a repurposed box or envelope!
You can help!
- Purchase only items that you know will be used and loved for a very long time.
- Reuse or recycle the packaging that your order comes in.
- Consider symbolically adopting a former patient through our Adopt-a-Seal® program, and make the biggest impact with the smallest environmental footprint—we even have digital downloads available!